1. Research a sport in the Winter Olympics 2014
2. Use the website: http://www.sochi2014.com to collect research
3. Complete an information worksheet (as shown below)
4. Taking that information, log on to Google Accounts
5. Create a "new document"
6. If in a group, share the document
7. Create a "script" of what you will say in a video about your sport using your notes
8. Before videotaping, choose a background picture, copy it onto your desktop, then drag it into iPhoto
9. Have Mrs. Dufraine copy your script from your google drive to a website called www.cueprompter.com
10. Have Mrs. Dufraine videotape you or your group reading your script
11. Have Mrs. Dufraine put your video on your computer into iMovie
12. In iMovie, create a new project
13. Put your picture from iPhoto into your iMovie project
14. Change the time of the picture to be the same amount of time as the video
15. Drag the video up to the picture, and choose "Green Screen"
16. Choose music that is appropriate, if desired
17. Share, and export the movie using Quicktime and save it on your desktop
18. Upload the movie to your Google drive and share it with Mrs. Dufraine and your group members
19. Enjoy the movies!
Here are several that have been completed so far in the 4th grade:
And also starring the 5th graders talking about the 2014 Olympics: